Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Arriving in Ahmedabad - tomorrow is a mystery. 1 to 3rd/01/2010

On Thursday night, I took a plane to Ahmedabad, where I was welcomed by many of Mariette's friends, to celebrate new year!
And then, surprise: Mariette arrived Friday morning!! She had managed to take a flight almost as soon as she had gotten her visa, and there she was. We made the most of the 3-day weekend - enjoying time with Meghna and Madhu, Samir, Jignasha, Naman, etc...; touring key parts of Ahmedabad (including getting a better understanding of Manav Sadhna, Gramshree, etc); getting the most important tips from Mariette on what I need to know about living here :)
some pix to follow...

Since Monday, I'm staying at Manav Sadhna as a volunteer.
The best way to understand where I've landed is go through their website:
http://www.manavsadhna.org/

To get also the perspective from Mariette on India, Manav Sadhna and the crowd in A'bad, you can also go through her blog as she introduced me to MS and the people I now know here:
http://growinginthisworld.wordpress.com/

I have limited internet connection, which is why it is taking sometime between each update and am not posting as much as I would want, but my thoughts go back to you all regularly.
Love,
Caroline

1 comment: