Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 days in Gujarat, Headed down South tomorrow

So from Delhi I went straight to Ahmedabad, Gujarat. There, I "checked-in" with Manav Sadhna the NGO I will volunteer for during this year in India (and the one I volunteered for last year during 5 weeks).

It was wonderful to reconnect with everyone, recognise the children and see how much they have grown, meet new joiners, settle down in the volunteer house, discover the new Moved By Love space next to Gandhiji's ashram, go for wednesday meditation... We are sharing the house with a couple of mice which are really partying whether we are here or not (les souris dansent...). We of course had the traditional Cadbury pizza at Manek Chowk in the old town. In short, everything is fine and as it should be :)

Tomorrow, I'm flying out to Chennai, to catch a train, to hop on a bus, to take a taxi to stay at Bodhizendo, a zen center in Tamil Nadu, most likely for two weeks. Some may ask why I need to travel all this way to sit in silence in a room - maybe I will have an answer after those two weeks, maybe there doesn't need to be an answer :) the drop in temperature will most likely help, in any case!

If I get a bit more organized, the next post might have some pictures...

Much love,
Caroline

1 comment: