Saturday, June 2, 2012

Merci – from the Himalayas


A couple of days ago, I reconnected to the internet after over 12 days ‘in the wild’. I found this avalanche of emails from all of you and felt so much love building up from reading those emails and FB messages one after the other; tears of gratitude came to my eyes for this feeling of connectedness. Merci J J J

I was in Kaza, at the heart of the Spiti valley, with limited access to power and to internet connection, so please be forgiving if I take time to get back to you individually but please know how much I was touched, and feel the love vibration I’m sending beyond borders and oceans and continents to reach all of you.

The last weeks have been wonderful as I’ve been travelling deeper into remote areas in the mountains, on scary roads, into simpler guesthouse and homestays, and also deeper within, inspired by the mighty mountains surrounding us, by the quietness of no connectivity and no cars, by the forced mindfulness when walking, between 3900 and 4700 meter high, where each breath and each step matters.

Sev, Ian and I have been travelling together ever since we caught up on the bus ride to Spiti Valley, and those days have been full of fun also and Buddhist discussions… We were able to celebrate my birthday with Nutella Chapattis, learning how to make momos, drinking a cup of local homemade alcohol, and looking at the starry face of the night. The monasteries reveal their secrets to us, with smily monks and sometimes opportunities to meditate.
We are now trying to figure out the best way to get to Leh, with some passes open and others not – to be continued!
Xxx
Caroline



PS: I'm now in Rekong Peo again, with Ian. Going through Manali to get to Leh; while Sev has opted for the walking option. We should all meet up again in Keylong or Leh in a couple of days! 
PPS: pictures to come, it might take a little while to load.

1 comment:

  1. Love! Love! Love! Tas de bisous. Tu n'es jamais loin. Surtout avec l'entourage que j'ai depuis 10 jours. C'est un bonheur fou de se retrouver au plein centre de la vie, de l'énergie et de l'amour Manav Sadhna en Californie!!! :-) Bisous a toi!

    ReplyDelete