so, I did go to the beach... and stayed there one day. I really enjoyed the view and swimming in the sea but I was ready to move on at the end of the day!
So after spending a quiet day in the very cute town of Gokarna, I took the night bus to Hampi; certainly an adventure in itself. I was welcomed by Muttu, the guide recommended by Meghna, and he has taking me around this amazing World heritage site for the past 2 days. I'm resting today - the mainy things to visit + the heat are taking their tolls, and I need a break from my holidays :)
Maybe I will try to go for the waterfalls tomorrow...
Hampi is an amazing area where the remains of volcano activity form hills of boulders, on which kings of the 14/15/16th centuries had temples and palaces built (carving directly their raw material out of those granite boulders). Witnessing sunset over that landscape, I imagine that they are the giant ruins of giant people whose civilisation was swept away, and small humans arrived and settled over those remains, trying to replicate in their small way the grandeurs of their predecessors, only to be swept away in their turn...
love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you for all Caroline...
ReplyDelete